If you would like to book an assessment, please complete the online booking form.
If you have questions before you book, please contact us by telephone on 01223 967897 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs.
How much does it cost?
- Child Dyspraxia assessment: £785
- Child Dyspraxia assessment in London: £889*
- Adult Dyspraxia assessment (16+): £785
- Adult Dyspraxia assessment (16+) in London: £889*
- Sensory Profile analysis: £285
- Work-place and individual assessment: please contact us for a quote
- Performance Coaching: Hourly rate of £85 - please contact us to discuss your requirements
- Handwriting Assessment: £285
- Handwriting Course (following initial assessment): £45/session
- Follow up sessions - 1 hour face-to-face: £85
- Follow up sessions - 2 half-hour telephone sessions: £85
- Group bookings for educational institutions, please contact us for a quote
- Medico-legal, Tribunals, Court attendance, please enquire.
*Please contact us prior to booking to check the price and assessment location if you are considering a London-based assessment.
For individual assessments, we usually request you to travel to the nearest, appropriate Occupational Therapist. However we can travel to you upon request. A flat rate for travel costs of £100 is charged for journeys within a 40 mile radius.
You can book online and pay by credit/debit card, or we can accept payment by bank transfer or cheque. We are now also able to take credit/debit card payment over the phone.
We endevour to provide you with a comprehensive, helpful service. Our assessment fees are inclusive. There are no hidden costs associated with assessment, written report, GP letter (if required) and a follow up phone call to see how you are getting on with our recommendations.
For Dyspraxia assessments, some questionnaires will be sent to you together with details of your assessing Occupational Therapist.
For Sensory Profile analysis, you will receive a questionnaire and details of your assessing Occupational Therapist.
If you require a report to be used in a Tribunal, please do inform us.
Can I get help with funding for the assessment and report?
From your GP
GPs should/will refer children to the local Paediatric (children’s) service or Child Development Clinic. This service stops providing help at different ages across the country. In the Outer Hebrides it supports children up to the age of 19, but in many other areas of the UK the service is closed to children with dyspraxia over the age of 11, due to budget constraints.
It is worth checking the ‘cut off age’ for children with dyspraxia locally to you.
Adults may be funded by the GP through finance from the CCGs (Clinical Commissioning Groups). In this case they will need to communicate with Dyspraxia UK directly to set this up.
Some will fund or contribute to funding an Assessment. Enquire at the Student Support Offices.
Local educational charities or churches have funded some of our clients. You will have to research this for yourself. Libraries can be helpful.
The majority of our clients save up and fund themselves, and see the assessment as a valuable investment in their future.